Plans and Exercises
Plans must be realistic, relevant, reasonable and able to be implemented. If they are not, they can become just another book on the shelf, or worse, evidence of negligence in the case of litigation. If it doesn’t make sense, get rid of it.
If you are unsure whether you need a particular plan or not, contact us first, regardless of what you have been told. We will do the regulatory research and make sure the requirement applies to your operation before we advise you to make the investment.
Plans and Management Systems:
- Facility Security Plan (FSP)
- Vessel Security Plan (SSP/VSP)
- International Safety Management (ISM) System (SMS)
- Towing Safety Management System (TSMS)
- American Waterways Operators (AWO) Responsible Carrier Program (RCP)
- NonTank Vessel Response Plan (NTVRP)
- Vessel Response Plan (VRP)
- Ballast Water Management Plan (BWMP)
- Streamlined Inspection Program (SIP)
- Compliance Management System
- Click here to request more info…
Many plans require exercises to be conducted. Some allow table tops or seminars in lieu of full exercises each time. If you have an exercise coming due, consider Maritime Compliance International to help you put an on an innovative exercise program that will have lasting benefits.